The Axion Key is an ultra-compact, lightweight, handheld thermal imaging monocular, that is available in two models; Key XM22 and the Key XM30. With detection ranges of up to 950m-1200m (dependent on model) and a magnification of 2.0x-8.0x with optimal 4x digital zoom.
The Axion Key XM22 has many new and important features, first and foremost is its sensor. The Axion Thermal Imaging Monocular uses a new 320x240 thermal sensor with a 12µm pixel pitch.
The Axion Key XM22 is perfectly suited to outdoor conditions, with a robust magnesium bodyshell, an IPX7 protection rating (fully waterproof), 960x720 LCOS micro-displays and can perform in both hot & freezing temperatures.
The device also comes equipped with its own internal stadiametric rangefinder, which helps aid observers in estimating target distances with the height of known objects. Additionally, Axion units have up to eight colour palettes to help enhance observation in varying conditions.
Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode, upon activation, displays a second image with magnification in the top part of the Axion’s display screen. This small image helps to zoom in on a target while retaining the rest of the field of view, maximising situational awareness.
The Axion has an instant start-up and an instant ‘display-off’ mode, which helps to save energy and prolong the operation time of the unit and its dedicated B-Pack Mini Power System. The APS Battery Pack system offers an ultra-lightweight, quick-change power option that provides up to 4 hours of operating time to Axion units. APS Battery Packs can be charged by USB through its intended unit or an APS Battery Charger (PLEASE NOTE: The APS Battery Charger is sold separately for Axion Key models.Axion Key XM22
Axion Key XM30
- Magnification: 2.0x to 8.0x (4x Digital Zoom)
- Horizontal Field of View: 10°x7.5°
- Detection Range: 950m
- Thermal Sensor: 320x240 12µm
- Operating Temperatures: -25°C to +40°C
- Magnification: 2.5x to 10.0x (4x Digital Zoom)
- Horizontal Field of View: 7.8°x5.9°
- Detection Range: 1200m
- Thermal Sensor: 320x240 12µm
- Operating Temperatures: -10°C to +50°C
In brief the Axion Key Series Features:
- Long detection range
- Exceptional image quality via a 320x240 12µm thermal sensor
- Up to four hours of battery power
- Utilises a new quick-change battery (APS 3)
- Stadiametric rangefinder
- 16GB of internal memory
- LCOS 960x720 display
- Ultra-Compact size
- Robust & lightweight magnesium alloy bodyshell
- Multiple colour palettes
- Picture-in-Picture mode
- Includes ¼" Tripod Mount
for the Axion Manual
High resolution 320x240
- The Axion Key Series is fitted with an uncooled micro-bolometric matrix - 320x240px with 12µm pixel pitch – that provides highly detailed images.
High image frequency
- Axion Key models have up to 4x digital zoom, resulting in high total magnifications.
Detection distance up to 950m on the Key XM22 model
- At a high refresh rate of 50Hz, the Axion Key Series provides comfortable viewing throughout dynamic, rapid motion.
Quick-change B-Pack mini power units
- Depending on the model, Axion Key thermal imaging monoculars can detect man-size heat signatures up to 1200 metres away.
- The Axion Key can be charged using a progressive autonomous B-Pack Mini Power Supply consisting of a quick-detach, rechargeable APS 3, battery pack designed to deliver up to 4 hours of operation.
- Based on the estimated heights of observed objects, the stadiametric rangefinding reticle makes determining distances fast, easy, reliable and repeatable.
Wide range of operating temperatures
- IPX7 waterproof-rated protection ensures the Axion performs perfectly in wet weather, even during intense rain, snowfall and submersion in 3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes. (IEC 60529).
Fully-functional wireless control (optional)
- The Axion Key thermal imaging scope is designed to deliver flawless performance at an extreme temperature range of -25°C to +50°C (for the XM30S model) and -10°C to +50°C (for key models).
- The ergonomic, wireless remote control, with encoder wheel, puts the full range of the Axion Key capabilities at your fingertips for comfortable, convenient, hands-off operation.
- The Axion Key is designed with ease-of-operation in mind. User feedback has resulted in the most user friendly interface to date, complete with an easy-to-read, icon-driven, alpha-numeric status bar at the bottom of the display. Internal menu items and options are also displayed on a contrasting gradient substrate so you can keep an eye on settings without losing sight of your objective.
- For initial setup and additional updates, the iOS and Android compatible Stream Vision App ensures the most recent Axion software versions are available.